The main change in this release is the "emergency" upgrade of the bundled PHP from 5.5 to 5.6.
This was done because the 5.5 series of PHP went end of life on July 10th. It wouldn't look good to ship the new version of MapGuide with a bundled version of PHP that is no longer supported. If you work with PHP in your MapGuide application, please observe any changes between 5.5 and 5.6 and migrate your application code accordingly (note that the MapGuide API is still the same here, the migration refers to any surrounding PHP code/libraries you may be using on top).
Besides the bundled PHP change, this beta includes the following changes:
- Fix MgGeometry API instability on Linux
- Fix instability of QUERYMAPFEATURES under high load
- Fix OK/Cancel buttons sometimes not being clickable on performance profiler map viewer
- Use full explicit property lists for feature queries in AJAX viewer
- Fusion: Fix query widget breaking on FDO property names with certain characters
- Fusion: Use full explicit property lists for feature queries
The explicit property list changes are to allow tools like buffer/query/etc to better work against certain relational FDO providers where a "select * from table" query may "leak" out column types that the FDO provider may not properly handle (and would normally be hidden in any class definitions returned by the provider)