Monday 29 September 2008

FDO Toolbox status update

It's been a while since the last release of FDO Toolbox. Previously, I stated that things would be business as usual. As ambitious as that statement was, the sad reality is that since starting my 2nd software development gig, my work-related projects have taken higher precedence over my personal projects, and when there are a lot of work related projects to get out the door, that leaves little room to continue development of FDO Toolbox (as you would imagine)

Does this mean the FDO Toolbox project is dead? No way! Rather the correct term would be that the project will be "on ice" to be thawed out (hopefully) in the near forseeable future. In the meantime I am happy to accept any patches or any applications for project membership (on a case-by-case basis of course) to continue development of this tool that has so much potential.

No comments: